From Minnow, our November Queen Bee:
My month is November, and here are my requests for my blocks if anyone wants to work ahead:
- Two 12.5″ blocks of fall colors (red, yellow, mustard, orange, brown, some purple and green) with low-volume background.
- Any type block – traditional, paper pieced, you choose.
- I like earthy or nature-inspired fabrics. Think trees, florals, butterflies, wildlife, animals. If you don’t have any of these, that’s okay – blenders or solids are great too. Even cozy fall flannel.
- I am attaching two pictures and a website for inspiration. I started making maple leaves for a quilt, but it has gone by the wayside. A few more leaf block additions would be fine, but I would like to change course slightly on this quilt. I would like to mix it up, and add other fall-type blocks to my existing maple leaves. I really like the blocks and color inspiration featured on Fabric.com‘s Fall Block Party last year. Click here for the link. The website should take you to different artists and their blogs, with tutorials for the blocks.
- Or, you could add any other fall-nature-y-type blocks of your choice.