Chrystal Gates is our Queen Bee for March.
Chrystal would like for everyone to help her recreate a special crocheted blanket from her childhood.
- Construction consists of 2.5″ squares, to make a 12.5″ unfinished block (after she trims the black border).
- She would like for everyone to use four solid colors per block and Kona Black for the outside ring.
- She requests, also, that you do not use any prints nor textured-looking fabrics.
- Chrystal thinks that it will be great for everyone to mix-up colors within each block and not try to coordinate or plan out a set of four colors.
- She is happy to provide the Kona Black if you need some.
Please get in touch with her (@thechrystalgates) so you can arrange getting some Kona Black from her if you do not have any.
She wants to make a king-size quilt, so feel free to sew as many of these blocks as you would like!!!
Final words: Do not square-up the block as she will trim them down when she sews her blocks together.
WORD ON THE STREET: “Chrystal wants you to use only KONA BLACK, not just any black!!!”