Virtual Sew Together Day!
Saturday, May 2, 2020 10am – 3pm MDT
- Feel free to pop-in and out between 10am and 3pm
- Bring your beautiful faces, current projects, show-and-tell accomplishments
- Also bring ideas and materials for creating a “Shelter-in-Place” block that represents your COVID-19 life
- We would like to make a “Shelter-in-Place” quilt that documents this time in Northern Colorado – think about how awesome it will be to donate this quilt, along with your narrative about your block, to a museum for future generations to learn about this time through our interpretation of it using fabric and thread
- In order for this quilt to go together well, sew blocks that have side lengths in multiples of three – think 3″ x 3″ finished (3.5″ x 3.5″ unfinished), 3″ x 9″ finished, 9″ x 12″ finished, 12″ x 12″ etc. – your choice!!
- Use your creative juices to design a block that depicts your shelter-in-place experience
- If you cannot sew your block during the ZOOM meeting on Saturday, just get in touch with Minnow to let her know that you have a block to contribute
- We will discuss this new project during our 6 pm guild meeting on Thursday, May 14
- Check your email from Minnow for the ZOOM meeting ID and password or email [email protected] for details
May Guild Meeting
Thursday, May 14, 2020
Location: Virtual – Email [email protected] for details
Fourth Annual Fort Collins Modern Quilt Guild Quilt Show
Carnegie Center for Creativity | 200 Mathews St. | Fort Collins, CO
2020 Retreat | Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch – Cancelled for Now
Thursday, November 12, 2020 – Sunday, November 15, 2020
This year we will be staying at the Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch in Loveland Colorado! Robbin Flockhart and Carol Ricciardi will be working to make this a sewing + quilting retreat to remember. This location is beautifully tucked into the mouth of the Big Thompson canyon.
We will be offering some special opportunities this year included with your registration. You will be able to create a Humperdink tote with pattern designer Carmen Schell in a sew-along. You will also have the opportunity to learn to sew curves in a session with Robbin Flockhart and create a Modern Flowering Snowball pillow sham!
This three-night retreat will include a private room with a shared bath and all meals for $375. This year’s retreat is open to both current members and non-members. We are currently taking deposits of $100 to reserve your spot.
Email Robbin at [email protected] with any questions about the cancelling of this event.